Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dad

Here’s the Father’s Day card that I made to give to my dad. He’s not a fussy kind of guy, so I kept things pretty simple on this one. I think it'll work for this week's CAS-Tastic Wednesday challenge to make a clean and simple Father's Day card.

I used a piece of striped Sassafras Lass designer paper for the large panel on the River Rock card base. A strip of Chocolate Chip runs partway across the patterned paper.

Since I wanted to keep things simple, I added interest by using different textures. I cut some cork with a ric rac die and attached that to the bottom of the Chocolate Chip panel. Some wood grain-ish letters spell out “Dad” along the top of the panel. I added a pair of silver brads as an accent and for some balance.

Materials Used:
River Rock and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Sassafras Lass); cork, ric rac die (My Favorite Things); wood grain letters (K & Company); silver brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. Fab card! Love the wide cork rick rack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fabulous card, Lori!

    Thanks for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean And Simple 'Father's Day' card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great card, and you can see your elements working so well together. Thanks for joining us at CAS-Tastic this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips