Sunday, June 20, 2010

Have a Sizzling Good Time

Here's another card in honor of Father's Day using a Chicken Girl Design digi image from i {heart} papers. I made it for today's SCS featured stamper challenge based on this cute card.

I printed the Sizzling Good Day image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. It's colored to match the striped My Mind's Eye designer paper I used for the cardfront. I rounded the lower left corner of the image panel, just like in the inspiration card. I think it was that detail that caught my eye when I first looked at the card.

Instead of using a patterned paper strip across the cardfront, I used a piece of brown faux suede ribbon to add some texture and a bold, contrasting color. The matching sentiment was cut with an oval Nestabilities die, then inked around the edges for contrast. I attached it to the card with a foam dot.

Materials Used:

other: Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip cardstock, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh, there is just something so wrong about a cow grilling burgers! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is hilarious and so was Holly's comment. That was my first thought (a cow grilling hamburgers!) now that is funny.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips