Saturday, June 12, 2010

High Five

Here's my card for this week' s Mojo Monday challenge. I love the fun hot air balloon images (and matching dies) from Papertrey Ink's Up, Up & Away stamp set, so I paired them to make a simple, cheery scene.

I started by stamping the cloud image a few times in white ink on a blue panel. Once the ink dried, I outlined the edges of the clouds with a clear Stardust pen for a little sparkle. The balloon was die cut first, then stamped in black ink and colored with Copic markers. I layered it on the stamped panel with foam tape.

The stamped panel is set on a green tone on tone polka dotted paper panel. Once I had attached the panel on an angle, there was still room to stamp the "sending you a high five" sentiment along the bottom of the patterned paper. Instead of using a round element at the upper right corner of the image panel, I added a pair of die cut clouds, cut from scraps of shimmery white cardstock.

Chloe the cutie puppy and I are off to puppy kindergarten once again this morning. Next week is her last class. I wonder if there will be a graduation celebration??

Materials Used:
Up, Up & Away and Up, Up & Away Sentiments stamp sets, Fresh Snow ink, Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Hawaiian Shores satin ribbon, cloud and hot air balloon dies (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bermuda Bay and Shimmery White cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind'd Eye); Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card! I want those Papertrey Ink clouds....darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Lori! Love how you colored the balloon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips