Friday, June 11, 2010

Playing with Purple and Gray

I made this pretty floral card using Mercy's latest sketch challenge. I saw a tie (I think that's what it was . . .) at Kohl's last weekend using this purple/gray color combination and it really stuck with me, so I tried it out for this card.

I used the flower from Verve's Love's Flower stamp set for the focal image. The flower is colored with Copic markers. I stamped it twice, cut out the center part of one of the colored images and attached it to the other image with foam tape for dimension. Originally, I put the flower directly on the gray panels, but it seemed lost, so I added the circle mats underneath it.

I paired the image with some purple and gray houndstooth patterned paper from a DCWV stack. The purple coordinated nicely with the Rich Razzleberry I used for the card base. I tied a cream satin ribbon around the center panel and added a sentiment underneath it to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Love's Flower and So Happy stamp sets (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); The All About Girls matstack (DCWV); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); self-adhesive pearl (Queen & Co.); cream satin ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips