Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Pulling for You

How cute is this little Pure Innocence girlie from My Favorite Things? I love the little wagon full of friends that she's pulling behind her. I inked the set up for the first time using this week' s Taylored Expressions sketch challenge.

I stamped the girl on a white panel. It took a little creative masking to put her little stuffed friends in the wagon for a ride. The image is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the patterned paper I used to cover the cardfront. I debated airbrushing in a sky background, but decided I liked the pop of the white panel against the blue patterned paper background.

Instead of drawing in grass, I used one of MFT's Die-Namics dies to cut a strip of felt grass. Actually, I used the leftover piece from a piece I cut a few days ago. I had used a strip of felt just about the width of the die, so when I finished cutting I had a second strip left from the "scraps." I stuck it in the box with my dies, figuring it would come in handy sometime soon. The grass is embellished with an orange button with a coordinating ribbon through its button holes. I added the sentiment on a rounded edge tab on the right side of the image panel.

Materials Used: Pure Innocence A Cart Full of Friends stamp set, Die-Namics grass die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); Flower Shower matstack (DCWV); Simply Chartreuse felt, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, you are one talented and busy lady. i see your profile pic on many a place that I visit. Great card and thanks for reminding me to visit TE. Don't you just love their kits??

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is darling. I think I must add this girl to my collection. Love the colors, the grass, the textures, the coloring - really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn CUTE! Love that stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips