Sunday, June 13, 2010

Surf's Up

One last fishy card and then I'll take a break--I promise! This one is for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. When I saw this card in LeAnne's gallery, I knew the fish image from the Surf set from Clear & Simple Stamps would be perfect for recreating my own version of the card.

I kept the layout and color scheme the same as in the original card. Instead of a beach scene border punch, I used a wave one. It was a great match for the set's "surf's up" sentiment. I embossed a green panel with the Tiny Bubble embossing folder for a bubbly, watery look for behind the fish, then added a trio of fish in bold, bright colors evenly spaced along the panel. The fish are popped up with some foam tape to help them stand out from the background. A pink satin ribbon, matching the card base and the sentiment, divides the two panels and completes the design.

Materials Used:
Surf stamp set, Paint the Town Pink, Green with Envy, and Simply Blue-tiful inks, Paint the Town Pink, Green with Envy, Simply Blue-tiful, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Paint the Town Pink satin ribbon (Clear & Simple Stamps); 1" circle punch (Fiskars); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); Tiny Bubbles embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori - I don't know how you do it, but you consistently come up with wonderfully creative cards and projects. This is a great example of that creativity. LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So agree with Lynn here girly! Another fab creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fantastic card with great colors-love that pink!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips