Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Life's a Picnic

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I went for a summery look with images from the Life's a Picnic stamp set.

I stamped the picnic image in black ink on a white panel and colored the image with Copic markers in pretty traditional picnic colors. I used my airbrush tool to add in a soft blue sky. I’m really happy with how the sky turned out. In the process, I finally found something that scares Chloe the cutie puppy just a tiny bit—the air compressor. Boy, did she ever back off when it started to hum! I added a little Glossy Accents to the cherry as a fun detail, then stamped the two part sentiment in opposite corners of the image panel.

It took me a while to come up with a combination of papers and colors that I liked for the card’s layers. I ended up choosing papers from two different Sassafras Lass paper pads. I used a red patterned panel for the cardfront, then layered on a grid patterned paper on the left side and some solids running across the card. If you look closely, you can see that the grid patterned paper has a stitched edge that’s part of the paper’s design. I was careful to place the paper so you could still see the stitching. I added a coordinating red crepe ribbon with a bow as an accent to complete the card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Life’s a Picnic stamp set, Couture Cardstock white medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (R14, R17, YG21, YG23, YG25, B21, Y23, E31, E33, C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7), Ranger Glossy Accents, Sassafras Lass Apple Jack and Cherry Delicious designer papers, Creative Impressions red crepe ribbon, Bow Easy, Nestabilities rectangle dies

other: Kraft and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips