Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time to Celebrate

Here's my card for the latest Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge. This month's inspiration photos come from children's rooms. I was inspired by a kind of western themed bedroom. I pulled different colors from the photo for my inspiration and created this birthday card.

I stamped the balloon image from Verve's Party Time set on a cream panel and colored the images with Copic markers. I picked shades that coordinated with the star patterned paper I used for the large panel on the cardfront, testing them on a scrap first since I wasn't exactly sure how the colors would look when used on cream instead of my usual white.

I paired the balloons and star paper with a red striped circle panel for a little contrast. The two-toned stripes worked well since they kind of mimic the pattern in the balloons. I stamped the "time to celebrate" sentiment from the Big Wish set on a scrap of mustard cardstock and accented it with a big brown button. It's set over the image panel just a bit, but not enough to cover the balloon strings.

Materials Used:
Party Time and Big Wish stamp sets (Verve Stamps); cream cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Riding Hood Red Prints designer series paper (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company); circle dies (Nestabilities); button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips