Monday, June 7, 2010

The Sentiment's the Star

Here's my card for both this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday and SCS clean and simple challenge to use a sentiment or quote as a focal image. I made this simple, elegant card with graduation season in mind.

I stamped the dream sentiment from Papertrey Ink's For the Graduate stamp set in black ink on a cream panel. I made sure to space it so I'd have room for a simple coordinating embellishment. The star from the Star Prints set is stamped in gold ink on a scrap of cream, then punched out with a coordinating punch. I attached it to the panel with some foam tape. A pretty black satin ribbon is knotted around the top to complete the card. I did this one in an elegant but generic color scheme, but it would be very quick and easy to make a bunch of these in different colors, selected to match each recipient's school colors.

Just a quick personal note--Chloe the cutie puppy got her very first report card today when she had her first mid-day dog walker visit. The report said, "What an adorable bundle of energy!" Today's been kind of a sad day for me as I mark 6 months since I lost Cosmo the crazy dog, so it was nice to come home to a happy note.

Materials Used:
For the Graduate and Star Prints stamp sets (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla and Basic Black cardstock, large star punch (Stampin' Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); gold ink (Encore); black satin ribbon (Target); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, classy and elegant creation. I can see it done in different colors too to make them match the school colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card!! Love the clean lines and great sentiment!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday "Focus on Sentiments" clean and simple card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh. This is gorgeous. I love the classy look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply Elegant! The perfect CAS Card!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-tastic Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips