Monday, June 28, 2010

Simply Thinking of You

Here’s my card for this week’s CAS-Tastic Wednesday challenge to create a clean and simple card using yellow, blue, and a neutral. I turned to my Mint Motif stamps from i {heart} papers for this simple creation.

I stamped the cloud image from Very Square in blue ink four times on white paper and trimmed around each image. The images are set on a darker blue panel, then on a yellow card base. I used a circle punch to make a round opening in the center one of the cloud panels, creating a window showing the inside of the card.

For the inside, I stamped the cloud image one more time and again cut it out and layered it on a darker blue mat before setting it on the inside of the card. I was careful to line up the image so that the part of the image you see through the opening matches up with the image on the front of the card.

I used the punched out piece to make a popped up sentiment panel. Again, I carefully lined up the image before stamping the sentiment from the coordinating Very Square Sentiments set in darker blue ink and setting it in place with a pair of foam dots, layered for extra height. I added a sparkly crystal flourish and a pretty light blue crepe bow as accents. Even with the extra elements, I think I still ended up with a clean and simple creation.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Mint Motif Very Square and Very Square Sentiments stamp sets, Creative Impressions light blue crepe ribbon, Bow Easy, Zva Creative crystal flourish

other: Spring Rain ink, Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Barely Banana and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. THis ROCKS!!! It would also work for the 2S4U sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice creation. Simple but elegant. I love it. I wish I can get one of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I think those clouds are my fav!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips