Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop

I’m excited to be participating in today's Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past blog hop! It's been so hot here lately that I knew I wanted to make a summery card. I picked the Chillax set for my card and took my inspiration from the colors from the inspiration photo.

I used the set's lemonade glass as the focal image for my card. I stamped the image twice, once on the white panel and a second time on a scrap of white so I could cut out one image and attach it to the panel with foam tape for some dimension. It’s colored with Copic markers and the ice cubes are sparkly, courtesy of a Spica glitter pen.

I used scraps from an October Afternoon Farm Fresh pad for the pieces of my card. They give the card kind of a country feel. I ran a grosgrain ribbon strip down the front of the card, along the edge of the image panel, and dressed it up with a button. The sentiment is stamped directly on the gingham paper. It’s a little lost in the pattern—I probably should have stamped it on another solid panel . . .

You'll find a complete list of all the participating blog hoppers below. Be sure to check them out!



Materials Used:
Chillax stamp set, white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Clear Spica pen (Copic); Lemon Tart cardstock, Lemon Tart grosgrain ribbon, Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Farm Fresh designer paper (October Afternoon); silver brads (Making Memories); foam tape

14 comments:

  1. That is so fresh looking! Love the gingham and the grosgrain ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout!!!! The ribbon accent is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a refreshing summery card and what a fun layout too! Thanks for joining us on the blog hop today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darlin' summer card...love how fresh look you achieved here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo sweet Lori!!! Wish I could have a drink of that card! Love the way you did the button on the ribbon!! Sawheet!!!
    Big hugs lovie!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a refreshing card - so perfect for summer. Great with the gingham - really makes me think of a cold drink at a hot day of picnicking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Totally summery! I love those two patterned papers together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, so refreshing! Makes me want to head to the park and have a picnic and drink that lemonade! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this CAS look, Lori! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, you rock the clean and simple! This is outstanding! LOVE the button and ribbon together!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips