Friday, July 16, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 160/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge is a sketch challenge. I stretched the sketch a little to accommodate some of the elements I wanted to include, but for the most part, stuck to the layout.

This fun, super sparkly birthday card should have made its way to a special friend by now (Hi, Kate!). I started with the “bring on the cake” sentiment from Unity’s It’s Your Day kit. To add some interest, I colored the open letters in the word “cake” with Copic markers and added some dots with a white pen. A row of paper piercing underneath the words fills in some of the white space. It seemed a little too bright white to me, so I inked the edges with some pink ink before adding the fun glittery cupcake embellishment to the left side of the panel.

I used a pair of My Mind’s Eye designer papers for the panels on the cardfront. I went with pink and brown patterns to coordinate with the cupcake’s colors.

For more projects using this sketch, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, for more Unity inspiration, check out the Friends with Flair list on the Unity blog.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. It’s Your Day kit, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock medium weight white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (RV00, R81, R83), Ranger Inkssentials white pen, Petaloo Dazzlers pink/brown cupcake, My Mind’s Eye Quite Contrary Little Miss Muffet "Delight" kit

Other: Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific)

33 comments:

  1. Great card. Very festive. Perfect birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card, love the combination of the MME papers, and the glittery cupcake. Hope all goes well with Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY CUTE! Love that sentiment...so funny! We had a little boy (5) crash my 7 year old's bday this past Jan..he came in the house and said...I'm ready for cake! LOL...He was a neighbor from down the road that caught wind of the "big boy" birthday party.

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute, cute, cute-love the colored text with polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cup cake is fabulous! I love glittery look to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate will LOVE this! Don't feel bad - mine is still sitting here too! I love all the sparkle and the colors are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! It's fun and sparkly, what more could you ask for. Great card.
    Hope Chloe the cute puppy comes through surgery okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh isn't it so fun to use BLING??? I love the extra bling on this and it's just so bright and cheerful. Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH! It's my birthday next week... what a cool card idea. Just might make one for myself!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous!! I love your glittery frosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! Love the sparkly cuppie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! Love the sparkly cuppie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card, cupcake is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ho my word that looks so yammy and tastety looking I love pretty pinks too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sweet card! hope your puppy feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute, cute, CUTE!!! Love the colors and the glitter cupcake! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM! this is so sweet! I love that glittery cupcake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great birthday card. Love that glittery cupcake you used.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute card--I need to make more bday cards...this is PERFECT:) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic sparkle and pop on this birthday card! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. For me, this card looks festive, happy and just made me smile. Great birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah this card just glitters off of my screen...love the pinks color combos...with DPP and glittery cupcake.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card! I love the polka dot letters!

    ReplyDelete
  25. VERY cute! Love the cupcake and that the sentiment is the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card- especially the glitzy cupcake- great!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so cute Lori! Love the font of that sentiment and your sparkly cupcake! Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so fun, love all the sparkles! I also love the added dots on the letters. Great great card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fantastic card!! and, now, I'm hungry.....

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips