Friday, July 16, 2010

A Full Friday

***Scroll down for my blogger challenge/Friends with Flair post.***

It's been quite the day here! It started off at just about 5:00 AM with a small earthquake (3.6 or so on the Richter scale), which is extremely unusual for the DC area. The earthquake's epicenter was just 5 miles from my house, just down the highway that my house backs up to, but I managed to sleep through it as did Chloe the cutie puppy.

I guess that Chloe must have been resting up for her big day. Chloe had a minor surgical procedure this morning at the vet and she's now safely at home, resting and recovering in the dreaded cone of shame. The cone of shame has undergone some updating since Cosmo the crazy dog last wore one. Chloe's is made from a clear plastic, so at least she can see out of it a bit. That's a good thing since she'll likely be wearing it for the next ten days or so.

She's a little unsteady on her feet and kind of grouchy, but I'm pleased to report that she still has a hearty appetite. Even still groggy from anesthetic, she chowed down on her dinner in an instant! Thanks to all of my friends who've wished her well and checked in on her (and me) today.

Now, some stamping stuff. Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was a fun sketch.

I went for a little boy-friendly look using the Jackson the Champion image. The image is stamped on a white circle and colored with Copic markers. I stamped the soccer ball image a second time, cut it out and attached it to the image panel with foam tape.

The image is paired with some dotted paper from Basic Grey’s new Oliver collection. Instead of using contrasting colored paper strips or patterned paper strips for the trio of panels across the cardfront, I used some coordinating twill for a more masculine look and to add a little texture. I had just enough room to stamp the “for a special boy” sentiment on the bottom strip using black ink.

Materials Used:
Jackson the Champion image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Oliver designer paper (Basic Grey); circle dies (Nestabilities); blue twill (Martha Stewart); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. OK, I couldn't helpo but "aww" when I saw this. She looks so sweet. I hope things are returning to normal now.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips