Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bunny Birthday

After a few questionable and nerve-racking moments at the airport in Chicago last night (broken part on the plane, a standby ticket on a later flight, sitting down in the last available seat on said later flight), I'm home from an otherwise fun trip to CHA and the Super Show with my i {heart} papers pals. It was nice to catch up with (and meet) lots of my online stamping friends and see all of the fabulous new products coming in the months ahead. But it's also nice to be home. Chloe the cutie puppy came to the airport to welcome me home and I was so happy to see her wagging tail.

I haven't stamped in almost a week, so it was good to spend a little time stamping a sweet birthday card for both this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge (from Kim) and this week's The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday challenge. As you probably know by now, I can't resist a cute bunny image, so the new TCP bunny birthday themed sets have found their way to my stamp room.

Here, I inked up the large image from the Birthday Bunny set for the sketch's large panel. The image is colored with Copic markers and glittered just a bit with a pink Spica pen. My monochromatic pink color scheme was inspired by the TCP Tuesday challenge's inspiration photo. The different sized and shaped stacked gifts kind of seemed quilt-like (the photo's subject) to me. I added the birthday sentiment on a layered square, attached to the panel with some foam tape. The dotted satin ribbon and matching button-embellished bow completed the card.

If you join us for this week's PCP sketch challenge, be sure to use the keyword sk073110 when you upload your photo so it can be added to the album with the rest of the creations inspired by this week's sketch.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bunny stamp set (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hibiscus Burst ink, Hibiscus Burst cardstock, Raspberry Fizz Swiss dot satin ribbon, Raspberry Fizz button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that is so cute! I'm a big bunny fan myself, so it's extra cute in my eyes.

    I'm glad you made it home safely from CHA. Sounds like quite an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable card, and that bunny hiding behind the packages is just too cute. Awesome job on this sketch challenge, BTW.

    It was such a pleasure to see you again, Lori and share a part of CHA with you! I'm sorry you have a few problems getting home, but happy to know that Chloe has her momma back! =) Rest up!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips