Saturday, July 31, 2010

Welcome Baby Girl

Megan, one of my fellow i {heart} papers design team members, recently welcomed a new baby girl. I sent her this super sweet and girly card to congratulate her on the new addition to her family.

I used the Pure Innocence Lollipop Girl set from My Favorite Things for the focal image. The girl's dress is paper pieced with some pale pink gingham paper. I used a matching strip of paper on the panel underneath the image. The little girl's lollipop is stamped a second time, colored, cut out, coated with glitter for a candy-like look, then added to the image with foam tape.

The rest of the card is pretty simple in hopes that it makes it safely through the US mail system. I used a pink and yellow dotted paper along with the gingham strip for the panel beneath the little girl. A yellow satin ribbon brings in just a bit more of the bright color. The "congratulations" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments set is stamped on the patterned paper panel in black ink.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Lollipop Girl and Essential Sentiments stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); Barely Banana cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Layette Collection (Memory Box); yellow satin ribbon (Michaels); pink dots (Stamping Bella); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I just got this the other day! I thought I'd missed it on your blog--but you just posted it! You're so sweet to think of us!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips