Thursday, July 8, 2010

Every One of My Thoughts

Here's my card for this week's CAS-Tastic Wednesday challenge. When I saw that this week's challenge was to use kraft, I couldn't resist. I put together this cute card in just under 10 minutes--love when that happens!

I am really enjoying Verve's new Always on My Mind set. Here, I stamped one of the block sentiments at the bottom of my kraft card base in brown ink. I attached a strip of cream cardstock across the top of the card and wrapped a piece of pretty striped satin ribbon around the card at the bottom of the cream strip, knotting it in front. The set's dangling heart image is stamped extending from the bottom of the ribbon. I used a brown marker to extend the "string" that the heart hangs from. The heart is filled in with red Stickles to stand out against the brown.

Quick and easy! Now I need to go entertain Chloe the cutie puppy. She's entertaining herself by standing on the steps and sticking her head between the bannister railings, leaning down dangerously to try to retrieve something that she's decided is a treasure. Not much could beat the kitchen knife she brought up to me from the kitchen while I was in the shower earlier today. She's one fearless and curious pup!

Materials Used:
Always on My Mind stamp set (Verve Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); ribbon (American Crafts); Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger)

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card ... and I love that ribbon!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday "Krafty Kreations" Clean and Simple card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colorful ribbon you used! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the simplicity of your card allows the wonderful sentiment to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One great card, I love how just a sentiment and ribbon can stand on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one fabukous 10 minute card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips