Monday, July 12, 2010

I Think Wyatt Likes You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge. This week's challenge was a sketch. I had this card done a few days ago, otherwise I'd have used some of my new MFT goodies that arrived on Saturday--I'm itching to try them out soon!

I used the Wyatt image from the Meet Emma & Wyatt set as my focal image. Wyatt is colored with Copic markers, cut out and layered on a patterned paper panel from October Afternoon's Night Light collection kit. I used some of MFT's dies to make a grassy strip for under Wyatt's feet and a layered felt sun for over his head.

I used another pattern from the Night Light kit to cover most of the cardfront. I cut a ric rac strip from cork to run across the card. I cut another ric rac strip to layer underneath the cork. To get the nice mat, I simply cut the strip in half along the center, lengthwise. This gave me two ric rac edged strips. I glued one to the top of the cork strip and one to the bottom, creating the illusion of a slightly larger ric rac piece beneath. I love when I can figure out little tricks like that!

I stamped the set's "I think I like you" sentiment in black ink along the image panel. It kind of gets lost against the patterned paper, but I wanted to make sure to put it somewhere. It's so sweet!

Materials Used:
Meet Emma & Wyatt stamp set, sun, grass, and ric rac dies, cork (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point and Garden Green cardstock, Yoyo Yellow grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Night Light Collection Kit (October Afternoon); button (Papertrey Ink); felt; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips