Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sunny Birthday Splash

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I went summery on this one, changing up the sketch just a teeny, tiny bit to add a fun felt sun to finish the scene.

I used the little girl image from the Beach Days set for my focal image. She’s colored with Copic markers. I used my airbrush to add a soft blue sky behind her and drew in some sand beneath her feet.

Two different patterned papers from October Afternoon’s Thrift Shop line cover the cardfront. Instead of using a fancy border embellishment along the left edge of the yellow patterned paper, I added a zig zag stitch with my sewing machine. After I added the image panel, I played around for a while with the size and embellishment on the blue strip with the sentiment from the Whale of a Tale set before settling on what you see on the card. I tried a few different options before I decided the pastel yellow shimmer ribbon bow was the right size and color. A felt sun, embellished with a yellow button with white pen faux stitches, completes my summer scene.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Beach Days and Whale of a Tale stamp sets, Couture Cardstock white medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y00, Y11, Y13, Y18, R11, R21, R22, R27, BG13, E000, E00, E11, E17, E18, E25, E27, E29, E31, E33, E99), October Afternoon Thrift Shop designer paper, Creative Impressions pastel yellow glimmer ribbon, Bow Easy, Basic Grey Kioshi button, Ranger Inkssentials white pen

other: Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); sun Die-Namics (My Favorite Things); yellow felt

3 comments:

  1. you are rocking that little felt sun - very cute summer card Lori - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable! Love the felt and button sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Love the felt and just oozes summer.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips