Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Warm (Winter) Wishes

Here's my card for both today's SCS sketch challenge and this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to make a Christmas in July card. I went with a wintery theme using one of the adorable Pure Innocence images along with a non-traditional holiday color scheme.

I stamped the little boy from the Boy and His Dog Snow Adorable set on a white panel and colored the image with Copic markers. His hat and mittens are fluffed up with some white Sparkly Fluff. The image was cut out and placed on an aqua panel with foam tape. I used a scrap of white felt to make a snowy spot for the image to "stand" on.

I used a scrap of Papertrey Ink's Rustic Snowflakes paper for the large panel on the cardfront. For the sentiment, I combined words from the Boy and His Dog set with another Pure Innocence set, Presents For You. The words are stamped on a shimmery white panel. I added small looped ribbons to either end of the sentiment panel as simple accents to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Boy and His Dog Snow Adorable and Presents for You sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Rustic Snowflakes patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Kraft and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely darling Lori! I just adore those MFT images! Love the "snowy" hill! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card! I love the dimension and the colours!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips