Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Umbrella Easel

Chloe the cutie puppy and I have returned from the beach and are recovering from our short vacation. She's had an upset stomach for the last few days, so I'm hoping that being at home, back in her own environment and on a more regular schedule, will help set things straight for her.

Since I was away, I haven't stamped in a few days, so I took some time today between running some errands, unpacking, and cleaning my house to do some stamping. Here's my just-under-the-wire entry for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. I've entered every month for the past few months pretty much knowing I have no chance of being selected, but I enjoy trying out the different challenges anyway.

This month's challenge was to use red and/or blue along with a neutral. I went with red and an aqua-ish blue along with my most favorite neutral, kraft. I made a sweet little rainy day scene on an easel card featuring the Pure Innocence My Umbrella set.

I started with a dotted patterned paper that looked to me like a drizzly sky. I layered a felt cloud, cut with one of MFT's Die-Namics dies on the panel then added the colored and cut out girl image. The image is attached to the panel with foam tape. I stamped the umbrella a second time, colored it, cut it out and added it with more foam tape for even more dimension. I used a Copic marker to add a sort of shadowy puddle underneath the little girl's feet and coated her boots with a clear Glaze pen for a rubbery look.

I used my sewing machine to stitch the cloud in place and to make a border around the patterned paper panel. I attached the completed scene to a kraft easel base. The base has the same solid/patterned paper combination. I stamped the set's "feel better" sentiment, then wrapped a piece of stitched red grosgrain ribbon underneath the words to accent them.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence My Umbrella stamp set, cloud Die-Namics die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); clear Glaze pen (Sakura); red stitched grosgrain ribbon (Creative Impressions); felt; sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips