Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pool Party

Here’s my card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge. It's based on an equally clean and simple wedding cake from a photo on the Carrie's Wedding Cakes site. The cake has an off-white base with bands of navy along the bottom and several peachy/orange flowers scattered on the cake.

I used images from the Surf stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps to create a quick and easy to reproduce party invitation incorporating design elements from the cake.

I stamped a trio of fish in orange ink on a light blue panel. A white panel is attached to the bottom edge of the blue. I stamped the set’s “it’s a pool party” sentiment at the bottom of the white panel in CSS’s True Blue Fan ink. A matching blue satin ribbon, knotted and embellished with a button, divides the two panels. I layered the stamped images on an Orange You Fabulous panel, then on a 4 ¼” square card base. I figured you could print off all of the party details on white cardstock and attach the info to the inside of the cards, then send them off.

Materials Used:
Surf stamp set, True Blue Fan ink, Orange You Fabulous, True Blue Fan, and A Blanc Check cardstock, True Blue Fan satin ribbon, True Blue Fan button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Only Orange Classic ink, Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); twine (Papertrey Ink)

3 comments:

  1. so fun, and I just love blue and orange together! Great invite - I could use a pool party with all this hot weather we have been getting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card!! Love the orange!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips