Monday, August 30, 2010

An Apple for You

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's challenge was to be inspired by the word "delicious." Today is the first day of school in the school district I work for and because of that, I got to thinking about school supplies. There's something special about new, fresh crayons, pencils, scissors, and notebooks and the promise of a new school year. So, I went school themed with images from the Mint Motif School Basics set.

I started by cutting a fancy label shape from a piece of chalkstock--yes, that's right, chalkstock. This paper has a chalkboard-like look and finish. It's so cool and just perfect for school themed projects. I stamped the ruled line image and the words "for you" on the chalkstock in white pigment ink. I love the crisp chalk-like look! A red twill bow is set at one corner of the label. The set's apple image is colored with Copic markers, cut out, and placed at the lower right corner of the label with foam tape. In keeping with the school theme, I attached a piece of grid patterned paper to the center of a kraft card base, then placed the embellished label over that.

I had an eventful "first day of school" even without going to school. I got a call from my dog walker that Chloe the cutie puppy had gotten sick while I was at work. I rushed home to clean her and my house up and to get her to the vet. Once we got to the vet, Chloe acted so feisty that they couldn't believe she was sick. She has such a happy disposition that it's hard to tell with her. I guess that's a good thing . . . Anyway, she's on some medication to calm her tummy and on a diet of chicken and rice for the next few days. Now she's settled down to sleep on my craft room floor. Hopefully tomorrow will be a less eventful day.

Materials Used:
other: Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips