Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I used the cute scooter image from the Across the Miles set from Clear and Simple Stamps along with some fun traffic image themed paper.

I started by cutting pieces of Trendsetter Blue cardstock and the patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront. Both pieces are punched along the bottom edge with a zig zag border punch to add some interest.

I arranged another piece of Trendsetter Blue paper and a piece of the reverse side of the patterned paper on the cardfront. A piece of sage green twill is wrapped around the front of the card. I made some loops at the sides of the card for a fun detail.

The fun scooter image’s colored in shades of green to coordinate with the Kraft Like a Rockstar Green paper I used for the card base and for the image’s mat. I set the image at the center of the twill, then decided it needed something more. I added a bunch of silver brads curving around the image as an accent. The set’s “beep!” sentiment is stamped three times at the bottom of the Trendsetter Blue panel to finish the card.

For a daily dose of Clear and Simple Stamps inspiration, be sure to check out the CSS iPhone/iTouch app. Here’s a little sneak peek of the project I made that’s featured exclusively on the app today.

Materials Used:
Across the Miles stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Trendsetter Blue, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, and A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); markers (Copic-YG21, YG95, YG97, C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7); Abbey Road Round & Round "Road Trip" See the Signs designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver brads (Making Memories); sage twill (Martha Stewart); zig zag border punch (EK Success); corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Fabby little card, Lori! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just too adorable. Love the zig-zag edge - perfect details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper and the scooter image go together perfectly. I had some trouble with the mojo sketch, but you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! Perfect background paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of the cutest little cards!! That image is one of my favorites in that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute card for Mojo Monday! I love that little scooter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card, love the stamp, and love the paper.. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is just darling. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips