Monday, August 23, 2010

Sweet Baby Sketch

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I went soft and girlie with a sweet baby card using images from the Tree-Mendous Love set.

I stamped the set’s giraffe image on a white panel and colored the image in shades of pink using Copic markers. I went back and added dots of Petal Pink Liquid Pearls to add some texture and dimension.

I dug through my scrap pile to find three coordinating scraps for the strips across the cardfront. Each scrap is from a different line (and even manufacturer), but they still work together nicely. I layered some felt flowers and leaves, attaching them at the center with pink brads, for the accents on either side of the image. The set’s “sweet baby” sentiment is stamped in black ink at the lower left corner of the card base.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tree-Mendous Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R81, R83, R85, RV00, C00), My Mind’s Eye Abbey Road-Whirlybird "Blossom" Floating Flowers designer paper, GCD Studios Rose Colored Glasses-Light Stripe designer paper, October Afternoon Ducks in a Row designer paper, Creative Impressions felt flowers and brads, Ranger Pink Petal Liquid Pearls

other: Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock, corner rounder (Stampin’ Up!)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips