Monday, August 9, 2010

Friends Furever

This is the perfect card for today! I made it based on this week's There She Goes challenge using the new Puppy Love stamp set.

I used the sketch provided to create the card. I made a little scene using the girl and dog image and the sun. The image is colored to match the sparkly My Mind's Eye designer papers I used on the green card base. I rarely use purple when coloring, so this was a nice change. I drew in some grass and airbrushed in a soft blue sky. The sun's covered with some Stickles for a little sparkle.

I added a purple gingham ribbon around the bottom panel as a simple embellishment. The "friends furever" sentiment is stamped on a lavender circle that's hanging from the knotted ribbon using a piece of twine.

And as for why this card is perfect for today--I spent the morning taking Chloe the cutie puppy to the dog park for the very first time. We have a dog park just a few blocks from our house. I wanted her first visit to be at a time when the park wouldn't be so crowded, so a weekday morning seemed like a good choice. When we got to the park, it was completely empty. Chloe walked around for a while, sniffing her new surroundings. Then another dog arrived and Chloe was beside herself with excitement. She ran and bounced like crazy for a half an hour. It's a good thing the dog was just a little older than she is so her high energy level wasn't an issue. After we left the dog park, we stopped at the vet for a weigh in. Chloe the cutie puppy now weighs 42 pounds. Not such a little girl anymore . . .

Materials Used:
Puppy Love stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, twine (Papertrey Ink); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); Penny Lane designer papers (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); 1" circle punch (EK Success); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); purple gingham ribbon (?)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card, Lori! I've found myself visiting the puppies at the pet store recently, and your card totally captures that sweetness between kids and pets. Love your DP and the litte tag - adorable!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips