Monday, August 9, 2010

Garden Inspired

I'm thrilled to be a guest designer for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's challenge is a theme challenge: garden inspired. I combined the garden theme with this week's Color Throwdown colors (Tangerine Tango, Summer Sun, and Old Olive) for this almost stamp-free card.

I layered some die cut orange and yellow felt circles to create a pair of fun flowers. The felt circles are machine stitched together to add interest (and secure them). A button is attached to the center of each flower for dimension. I used some olive twill to make the flower stems and added felt leaves, cut from a green felt circle.

After the flowers were in place, I stamped the friendship sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set in Old Olive pigment ink on the kraft card base. I love this earthy color combination! I'll be keeping it in mind for fall.

Materials Used:
Green Thumb stamp set, Harvest Gold and Simply Chartreuse felt, Harvest Gold and Orange Zest buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); Old Olive Classic ink, Crumb Cake cardstock, Old Olive polytwill (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); orange felt; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Lori. Congrats on being Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is REALLY lovely! Simple yet so gorgeous! I JUST noticed your card after uploading mine (#87)! Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable flowers, Lori! Congrats on your GD gig and thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is one of the best that I saw today. I love the garden inspired design. It is so simple but it is so attractive.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips