Saturday, August 14, 2010

Go Forth and Eat Cake

Happy Saturday! It’s my turn to host this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. I have another one of my favorite, go-to sketches to share with you today.

I used one of the fun birthday bunny sets, Forget About the Cake, from The Cat’s Pajamas for the focal image on my sample. The image is colored with Copic markers. I added a little Yellow Stickles to the candle flames for some sparkle and colored around the edges of the image in pale yellow for a soft, candlelight-ish glow.

The rest of the layout is very simple. I put a piece from a panel of My Mind’s Eye designer paper (that had been sitting on my table for a while) at the bottom of a Daffodil Delight card base. Starting at the left edge of the card base, I ran a piece of red grosgrain ribbon along the top of the paper panel. It’s embellished with a button, but that could be replaced with another embellishment, like a flower or chipboard piece. I stamped the “go forth & eat cake” sentiment on a white circle, matted it on a red one, then attached it to the cardfront, overlapping the right edge of the image panel.

I have a pair of other cards using this sketch on my blog. You can check them out here and here (second card in the post) if you want some more ideas to get you started. If you’re inspired and have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk081410 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
Forget About the Cake stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Daffodil Delight and Real Red cardstock, circle punches, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Quite Contrary designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); button (Papertrey Ink); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. You can just imagine how cute that hiding bunny is. Nice shading and the combo of colors and shapes is perfect. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love that bunny and your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, your clothes pin is wonderful!!! I love how bright and happy it is, and if Chloe gets it, the fiber will help her stay regular... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how this layout really emphasizes the bunny and the saying. Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips