Sunday, August 22, 2010

Woodlands Thinking of You

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. As soon as I saw this card, I thought of the tree images in the Woodlands set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I put together my own version with the Woodlands image and a similar fall-inspired color scheme.


The tree images are stamped in brown ink and colored with Copic markers. Since I made my version of the card a standard A2 size and had a little less height to work with, instead of embellishing the image panel with a ribbon at the top, I used a tiny piece of CSS's Dare to Be a Diva Red satin ribbon to make a ribbon tab. The tab is slipped under the left edge of the image panel.

I used scraps of two papers from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh line for the strips of paper that run down the cardfront. I went with a kraft panel instead of a white one for a more rustic look. The set's "thinking of you" sentiment is stamped in brown ink directly on the kraft panel.

Now I'm off to finish my laundry and vacuuming so I'll be ready to start the work week tomorrow . . .

Materials Used:
Woodlands stamp set, Dare to Be a Diva Red, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Dare to Be a Diva Red satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic-R12,R22,R24, R27, E25, E27, E99, Y17, Y18, YR04, YR16); Farm Fresh designer paper (October Afternoon)

4 comments:

  1. screams fall to me! Love what you did with this card, the 3 image panel is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Lori. So pretty and fallish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I LOVE THIS! It is so pretty and organic, very simple but inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing that I really love about this card is the color of the trees. It is so attractive and it makes that card more fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips