Friday, August 20, 2010

Bella Birthday

****Scroll down to the post below for my Blogger Challenge/Friends with Flair post.****

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was a pretty basic sketch. I ended up changing the image panel’s shape from a diamond to an elongated oval—much easier for me to die cut an oval than to use a paper cutter to form a somewhat symmetrical diamond.

The I Can't See a Thingabella image is stamped in black ink, then colored with Copic markers. I purposely stamped the image so that part of the image (the balloon) extended beyond the edge of the panel. I stamped that part of the image a second time, colored it too, and cut it out, then added it to the image panel with some foam tape. I drew in some grass and airbrushed in a very soft, pale sky.

I used some bright patterned paper from Bo Bunny for the panels on the cardfront. A strip of coordinating green ribbon hides the seam between the two papers. I added some looped ribbon to the strip at either end of the image panel as a fun embellishment. I also machine stitched around the edges of the card to add interest. The “happy birthday” sentiment fits in the bottom right corner of the card, accented by a trio of teeny, tiny sparkly stars. It’s hard to see in the photo, but there’s another one of those stars nestled in the fringe at the top of Bella’s party hat.

Materials Used:
I Can't See a Thingabella image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Simply Chartreuse ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Vibrant Violet cardstock (Gina K Designs) Peacock Lane Stripes designer paper (Bo Bunny); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); tiny star crystal stickers (Taylored Expressions); foam tape; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips