Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ahoy There

Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. I went with bold reds and blues along with neutral kraft for my nautical themed card.

I used the too cute whale image from the A Whale of a Time set from The Cat's Pajamas. The whale's colored with Copic markers and sprayed with a little shimmer spritz for a sparkly look. The image is set on several rows of die cut waves attached to a Baja Breeze circle panel..

I used two different patterned papers from October Afternoon's Report Card collection for the panels on the cardfront. After attaching the image panel, I knotted a piece of red grosgrain ribbon around the card. The set's "ahoy there!" sentiment is on a tiny kraft tag. I accented it with a blue button and used a piece of red and white baker's twine to thread the tag through the knotted ribbon. It was flopping around, which annoyed me, so I decided to put a piece of foam tape under the tag to hold it in place.

Materials Used:
A Whale of a time stamp set, wavy border die, twine, red and white baker's twine (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Spritz spray (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Report Card designr paper (October Afternoon); Nestabilities circle die (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); blue button (Papertrey Ink); tag punch (Fiskars); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. hey girl, this is super adorable...I luv polka dots...sweet..have a fantastic day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips