Saturday, September 11, 2010

There She Goes Two

In between taking Chloe the cutie puppy for walks in the beautiful, sunny weather and watching college football on TV (Go Badgers!), I've been busily stamping away, working on some stuff I can't share quite yet, but promise to share pretty soon. In the meantime, here are a pair of cards using images from There She Goes.

Here’s my card for this week’s There She Goes challenge. It was a two-parter—use teal, black, and kraft, and make a birthday card.

I had a limited number of TSG stamps to work with and the ones that seemed birthday-ish didn’t seem to be the best match for the colors. I finally settled on using the Special Delivery set for my card.

I stamped the mailbox image on kraft cardstock and shaded and colored it just a bit with Copic markers. I stamped the set’s gift box image a few times on kraft and teal scraps. After coloring the ribbons around the boxes, I stacked them below the mailbox image, putting some on foam tape for a fun look.

The rest of the layout is very simple. I used a black mat to set the image off from the rest of the card. A black twill strip runs across the front of the card, accented with a trio of silver brads. I stamped the set’s “Happy Birthday” sentiment to complete the card.

Materials Used:
Special Delivery stamp set (There She Goes); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Taken with Teal, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); black twill (Michaels); silver brads (Making Memories); foam tape


This card is for this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge to make a card with black, white, and a pop of color--with only one layer, of course. I turned to TSG's Chemistry set for this super simple card.

I stamped the image in black ink on a plain white card base. The sentiment is nestled just to the left of the image. I really wanted to add a strip of black paper underneath the image to ground it, but I resisted . . . Each of the glass containers is coated with some Glossy Accents for a liquid-y look. It's a nice (and sneaky) way to add detail to my one layer card without adding color or layers.

For my pop of color, I went with red. I colored the small heart on the flask with Copic markers and added some Candy Cane Stickles over it to draw attention to it. After that was done, I sat back and waited for everything to dry--that took longer than anything else having to do with this card--LOL!

Materials Used:
Chemistry stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Glossy Accents (Ranger); Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,
    I like the cards you made with these TSG sets!
    This color combo is my current fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Lori! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,

    Ha ha, fun to see this mailbox! I also just finished a card with a similar mailbox (Unity) and it's fun to see a totally different style now. Like it a lot! Pretty in blue!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great cards! Love the color combo on the first!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips