Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Apple of My Eye

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge, featuring one of the newest digi images in the Chicken Girl Design line from i {heart} papers. I combined the adorable elephant image with the colors from this week's Color Throwdown for this fun fall card.

I resized the Apple of my Eye image, then printed it on white cardstock. It's colored with Copic markers in gray for the elephant and reds and greens for the apples and basket. Once I'd finished coloring, I coated the apples with some Glossy Accents for a shiny look.

The image is paired with red and pumpkin-ish designer papers from Crate Paper's School Spirit and Restoration lines. I added some orange baker's twine, wrapped around the bottom patterned paper panel and tied in a bow, before setting the image panel on the cardfront using foam tape.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Apple of my Eye digi image, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (C00, C-1, C-3, C-5, W00, W-1, R000, R00, R12, R22, R24, Y35, YR04, YG91, YG95, YG97 ), Ranger Glossy Accents, Crate Paper School Spirit and Restoration 6 x 6 pads, Jillibean Soup baker's twine

other: Riding Hood Red and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori, this is adorable! What a sweet image! Thanks for playing with the CTD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the bakers twine you used! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips