Sunday, September 19, 2010

Falling for You . . . Again

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this sweet card. I really liked how this layout showcases the small images that I find so hard to use.

The biggest challenge for me with this card was figuring out the spacing for the three semi-circular openings at the bottom of the paper panel. I ended up punching circles from sticky notes and arranging them on both the patterned paper and the solid mat, then punching them with circle punches while the sticky notes were in place to get them evenly spaced. It worked out okay, I think. I added a yellow ribbon around the panel and stamped the sentiment above the knotted ribbon.

I used the small open leaf image from the Fall Fest set from Practicing Creativity to fill in the spaces. I stamped it three times in brown ink and colored it with Copic markers. The image is layered on a brown circle for some contrast, then attached to the cardfront with foam tape.

I'll be back tomorrow with another card featuring images from this great fall set . . .

Materials Used:
Fall Fest stamp set (Practicing Creativity Designs); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Jeepers Creepers designer paper (Heidi Grace); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips