Sunday, September 19, 2010

To a Super Kid

The theme for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge is stars. I went with a superhero image for my fun gift tag.

I started by stamping the Pure Innocence Super Boy image on a white panel. I colored the image in bold primary colors, then cut it out.

I built a base for the image on a manila shipping tag. The bottom of the tag is covered with some star patterned designer paper. A star border strip is stitched across the lower part of the panel. I wrapped a piece of blue grosgrain ribbon around the tag, securing it with a blue button tied with some yellow and white baker’s twine. I set the image in place with foam tape, then settled on the placement of the “super kid” sentiment.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Super Boy image, star border die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hot Stars designer paper (Adorn It); Crushed Curry cardstock, Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon(Stampin’ Up!); True Blue Fan button (Clear and Simple Stamps); baker’s twine (The Twinery); manila tag (Staples); foam tape; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. just SUPER! love that you put him on a tag, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cute! Love the bright primary colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just darling! i love tags- this is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Lori, this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips