Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hello, Sunshine!

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I love Emily's gallery--lots of great, clean and simple designs. I chose this sunshine themed card so I could use a new set I got recently from Green Grass Stamps.

I used the sun and cloud image from the You Are My Sunshine set for my focal image. I stamped the pair on a fancy edged panel instead of a straight edged one, but otherwise used the same arrangement of images. The sun is paper pieced with a scrap of Crushed Curry image and the smily face image is stamped on the panel with matching ink. It's spritzed with some shimmer spray for a little sparkle. I paper pieced the cloud with a scrap of My Mind's Eye paper and added it to the panel with foam tape. The set's "hello, sunshine" sentiment is stamped tone on tone along the bottom of the card. I probably should have stamped it in darker ink, either black or melon to match the mat under the image . . .

Materials Used:
You Are My Sunshine stamp set (Green Grass Stamps); Crushed Curry Classic ink, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); Labels 8 die (Spellbinders); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips