Sunday, September 5, 2010

Berry Sweet

I haven’t bought a My Favorite Things Who’s That Girl stamp set in a while, but for some reason, this Who’s that Harvesting Girl? called to me. I put the set and coordinating sentiment set to use for this week’s Wednesday Stamp Club challenge sketch.

I colored the WTG image with Copic markers. I used the berry image to match the fun, sparkly strawberry patterned paper that I cut into for the panel on the left side of my card. I used the colors from the paper as the basis for the colors on my card. I matted the patterned paper strip and image panel with Melon Mambo cardstock and added a dot embossed Simply Chartreuse strip across the cardfront.

The sentiment is stamped on a scrap of pale pink, matching the card base, and layered on to the card (covering more of the berry basket than I would have liked . . . ). I added a trio of buttons, threaded with pink and white baker’s twine, to the bottom of the patterned paper panel. I think it took me longer to thread the twine through the buttonholes than it did to complete anything else on this card . . .

Materials Used:
Who’s That Harvesting Girl? and Goodness from the Garden stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Strawberry Fields designer paper (KI Memories); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Paint the Town Pink buttons (Clear and Simple Stamps); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Lori, this is fabulous girl! Love the sweet image and your colouring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yummy sweet! Love the pink colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,

    I like this one! Fun colors and it all matches the berries! Great idea! Even the buttons look a little like berries, hi hi!!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling Lori! That paper is perfect for this image! Wonderful coloring too! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips