Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Believe in You

***Scroll down to the post below for my card for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.***

Here’s my card for this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. Susanna came up with a great sketch that’s perfect for highlighting some of the smaller images in your stamp collection.

I used an image from the Believe in You set from There She Goes for my card. I colored the image of the little boy reading using Copic markers. The image is set underneath a red panel. I used a circle punch to make the “window” for the image and attached the image underneath the opening using foam tape. The set’s “I believe in you!” sentiment is stamped next to the window using black ink. This sentiment really resonates with me—it’s one of the key messages that the school system I work for has adopted to continually communicate to students that each and every one of them can be successful and achieve.


The image is set on a panel of paper from October Afternoon’s Report Card paper collection. It seemed a bit plain to me, so I added a matching grosgrain ribbon, accented with a knotted piece just above the image panel, to dress it up a bit.

Materials Used:
Believe in You stamp set (There She Goes Clear Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Report Card designer paper (October Afternoon); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips