Tuesday, September 21, 2010

IHP DT Challenge: Treats and Tablescapes

As the season is starting to change, everyone’s mind is turning towards upcoming fall celebrations. With that in mind, the theme for this month’s i {heart} papers design team challenge is “Treats and Tablescapes.” We’ve all come up with some creative project ideas that you can use for fall events.

I created a simple treat holder for the challenge. Chloe the cutie puppy has become very friendly with a few of the kids in our neighborhood. She loves to join them when they play outside on the sidewalk in front of our house and if we’re inside, she watches them play through our kitchen window, moving from side to side to see them and chirping her puppy cry. They (and their parents) have been so sweet to her and haven’t minded at all that she’s joined the little group. I wanted to make sure that I had something a little different to give to Chloe’s special friends when they stop by on Halloween, so I came up with a fun presentation for some fancy Hershey’s Kisses.

I started by cutting a piece of Cosmo Cricket’s Matilda paper using the largest of the Spellbinders Labels 10 dies. I used my ScorBuddy to score two lines, each about ½” from the center of the die cut piece. When folded, this forms a base for a simple treat holder. I filled a cello bag with candy corn flavored Kisses and set it inside the paper. I picked the candy corn flavor because the wrappers match the paper I used—I have no idea how they taste—LOL! To hold both the bag of treats and the treat holder closed, I punched holes in each of the “bumps” at the ends of the die cut and threaded some orange glimmer ribbon through the holes, securing it in a bow. So quick and easy! This would also work with other Spellbinders die shapes. Check out the second photo for a view of the back--it shows the shape and how I used the ribbon a little better.

I used the dog image from the Chicken Girl Design Happy Halloween stamp set to make a little tag so that I can sign Chloe’s name on the treat. The image is colored with Copic markers. I layered it on a mustard mat, then punched a hole in the top so I could attach it through the bow with some coordinating baker’s twine.

Be sure to stop by the rest of the IHP DT for more fabulous ideas and inspiration. Here’s where to find them:

Carolyn

Cathleen

Deb

Gretchen

Kendra

Loretta

Lori
(you're here!)
Lynn

Megan

Tracy

Kate


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Chicken Girl Design Happy Halloween stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E31, E33, E34, E35, YR16, YR20, Y38, W00), Ranger Gold Pearl Liquid Pearls, Cosmo Cricket Matilda Mini Deck, Spellbinders Labels 10 die, ScorBuddy, Creative Impressions orange glimmer ribbon, Jillibean Soup baker's twine,

other: More Mustard cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

13 comments:

  1. You are so very clever. I love the little treat bag you created with the Nestabilities. PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I love this!!! I would never have thought of using the big label 10 die that way! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and so clever! I'm sure the kids will love them! That doggie is just adorable (but not as cute as Chloe!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and so absolutely adorable! The kids will love these! You are so clever to use that die this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lori, I would never have thought to use this label die in this way. Thanks for offering a new possibility

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little treat bag. Great use of the label 10 too. All the projects are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I never would have thought of using the Nestabilities as a treat holder -- very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! I'm sure all the kids in the neighborhood are going to LOVE getting something from Chloe.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips