Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let It Snow

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. Even though we're having 90 degree weather here (yet again!), I went for a wintery feel, using one of OCL’s latest releases, Penguin Fun, for my card. The round little penguin images are adorable! I have a feeling I’ll be using them a lot.

I colored the penguin image with Copic markers to coordinate with the purples from Cosmo Cricket’s Mitten Weather designer paper. I don’t use purples a lot, but I really do like non-traditional colors for winter cards and purples seem to work well. The two papers are attached to a plum card base. A piece of wide white stitched grosgrain ribbon divides the two patterns. I added two big clear crystals to the top of the snowflake patterned panel and stamped the set’s “let it snow” sentiment at the top of the card. At the bottom, I added a strip of sparkly white cardstock, punched with a snowflake pattern, as an accent.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Penguin Fun stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (BV0000, BV00, BV02, BV04, C-3, C-5, C-7, YR12, YR15, YR16, B0000), Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather designer paper, May Arts white stitched grosgrain ribbon, Spellbinders circle and big scalloped circle dies, Zva Creative clear crystals

other: Perfect Plum cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Snowflake border punch (EK Success)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips