Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday Drink

I combined this week’s Mojo Monday sketch with this week’s There She Goes challenge to combine different stamp sets on your card for this fun birthday card.

I stamped the martini glass and olive images from the A Drink a Day set on the small white circle panel and colored the images with Copic markers. The colors were picked to coordinate with the colors from the SEI Addison designer paper panel I used on the cardfront. The pattern seemed fun and festive to me. I stamped the birthday sentiment from the Special Delivery set on the panel behind the drink in a darker green ink.

To add interest to the strips that run down the side of the card, I added some sparkle and some texture. The sparkle comes from the shimmery silver paper I used for the decorative edged strip and the texture comes from the dotted embossing I did on the aqua panel. I added a trio of clear crystals and a small bow to finish the card.

Materials Used:
A Drink a Day and Special Delivery stamp sets (There She Goes); Copic blending cardstock (X-Press); markers (Copic); Ripe Avocado ink, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, and Silver cardstock, Aqua Mist satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Addison designer paper (SEI); scallop trim border punch (Stampin’ Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); clear crystals (Darice); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips