Thursday, September 9, 2010

School Spirit

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used the School Notes set along with some fun new school themed paper from Crate Paper for my 4 ¼” square card. I guess I’m still in the back to school mode, even though I’m no longer a classroom teacher! I spent some time yesterday in one of our school system's Blue Ribbon award winning elementary schools and was amazed at how smoothly things were running on just the 6th day of our school year.

The set’s pencil image and scribble line are stamped in black ink. The pencil is colored with Copic markers. I stamped it a second time on a white cardstock scrap, colored it and cut it out, then attached it to the image panel with foam tape to add some dimension.

The school themed image was a perfect match for the new Crate Paper School Spirit 6x6 pad I got in my latest i {heart} papers order. I used a letter and number print along the bottom portion of the cardfront. A piece of green herringbone twill, embellished with a matching bow and a button, sets off the patterned paper from the rest of the card. I added the set’s “A+” sentiment to the card, positioned a little differently than the sentiment in the sketch, but I think it still works!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge School Notes stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y0000, Y21, Y23, Y26, RV00, R81, R83, E50, C-3), Crate Paper School Spirit patterned paper, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety button, Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill, Spellbinders Nestabilities circle dies

other: Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I like this pencil in this card! Works really well, with the school-paper in the back! Nice!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips