Friday, September 17, 2010

Sporty Sketch

*** Scroll down to the post below to see my Blogger Challenge/Friends with Flair project.***

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was a great sketch. I made a fun, sports themed card that’s just perfect for a little boy.

The hanging sports block image is stamped on a white panel. The images are colored with Copic markers and highlighted with a soft yellow glow. I stamped the “you’re super” sentiment along the bottom of the panel.

I layered the image on a yellow panel, then on a larger deep red one. I added a star border to the edge of the red panel, then set it on a piece of star patterned paper. I thought the distressed look of the stars worked well for a card for a boy. I wrapped some red twine, accented with a button, around the cardfront. I’m finding that I’m really liking using twine as the finishing touch on my more boy/masculine cards.

Materials Used:
Hanging sports block image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry and Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Boy Story-All About Boys designer paper (Cherry Arte); Classic Star border punch (Martha Stewart); button (Papertrey Ink); twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips