Friday, September 17, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 169/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge is a color challenge—blue, green, and brown. That combination made me think of nature and the outdoors, so I went with a tree image for my card.

I stamped the tree trio from Unity’s December Stampin’ Store Kit on a white panel and colored the image with Copic markers. I cheated just a tiny bit by coloring the hearts on the trees red with a Spica glitter pen, but I think that’s okay . . .

For the rest of the card, I pieced together pieces of My Mind’s Eye Quite Contrary designer papers, using some scraps in the process. I used a big cloud patterned piece for most of the cardfront and lined up a trio of coordinating scraps along the bottom. A piece of corduroy ribbon hides the seam. I attached the image panel, then stamped the sentiment next to it, right above the ribbon.

For more projects using these colors, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, for more Unity inspiration, visit the list of Friends with Flair players on the Unity blog.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. {sweet affections} December 2009 Stampin’ Store Kit, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (YG01, YG05, YG07, YG09,YG21, YG25, YR16, YG97, E13, E17, E18, BG0000, BG000) and Lipstick Spica pen, My Mind’s Eye Quite Contrary Little Boy Blue "When I Grow Up" and "Rough & Tough" designer papers, May Arts green corduroy ribbon

other: Crumb Cake, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

25 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,

    Love these trees!! They look great! and with the cloudy paper, it's perfect!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the color challenge! Love the cloud paper -- I wish our sky looked even half as blue as that this morning! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, love the trees. The cloud paper works wonderfully here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and cheery. Yes the trees are perfect for the colors and that cloud paper just worked in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, I like that cordouroy ribbon! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those trees and the cloudy paper looks great with them. Perfect for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card...the combo of trees, clouds and courdory is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, Cute, Cute. I love the whimsical elements of the image. It is darling. The cloud paper works great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cloud paper works perfectly with the image. Cute, cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cloud paper works perfectly with the image. Cute, cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the texture on this card -- the clouds are perfect, the DSP is gorgeous and I love the spickle in the hearts! I think it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Lori....love your grass...I had to zoom in to take a good look. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this...what a cute image...andthat DSP BG is the best! Suits the image perfectly! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your idea of a nature theme- cute stamps and great card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! I love the coloring on the trees! They look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those whimsical trees. How fun. Great job with the colors, your card is super!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the colors! and the corduroy ribbon is perfect! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty Lori! Love the ribbon and the patterned papers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. those trees are adorable...and love the MME paper...super job on this challenge...
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really a cute card love the trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lori--what a fun cad, love the ribbon--it's great.
    I was able to play after Sasha's tough day. Sorry to be late in leaving comments--welcome to my crazy life!

    Hugs, Nola

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips