Thursday, September 2, 2010

Friends Furever

The images in the Puppy Love set from There She Goes are just too sweet, especially for a dog lover like me. I paired one of the images with Mercy’s latest sketch challenge and this week’s TSG 1(patterned paper), 2 (solid papers) and 3 (embellishments) challenge for this fun card.

I stamped the little girl and dog image on a white panel and filled in the scene with Copic markers, including an airbrushed sky. The image is colored to coordinate with the dotted paper from the My Mind’s Eye Bloom and Grow line that I used as the one patterned paper on my card. I stamped the set’s “friends furever” sentiment along the bottom of the image panel so that the words were side by side rather than one on top of the other—clear stamps make that so easy to do!

For my three embellishments, I used a teeny, tiny crystal at the center of the flower in the little girl’s hand, some pretty green satin ribbon across the cardfront, accented with a tiny bow, and a decorative felt strip peeking out from underneath the solid green strip that runs across the cardfront.

I have to admit that I ended up straying a little from the original sketch. There was too much orange on the card, so I slipped a panel of patterned paper at the bottom of the card, underneath the image panel and decorative border strip. Much better that way!

Materials Used:
Puppy Love stamp set (There She Goes Clear Stamps); white cardstock, Tiny Twinkle (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Fresh Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Ripe Avocado satin ribbon, eyelet lace border die, Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); Bloom and Grow designer paper (My Mind’s Eye)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips