Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Welcome Baby

I combined this week's SCS sketch challenge with this week's The Cat's Pajamas Mad about Plaid challenge for this super sweet baby card. With all the panels and paper piecing, I was able to use up some older patterned paper scraps--love when I can do that!

I started by paper piecing the hippo images from the And Baby Makes set in a combination of plaid and dotted papers from DCWV's Nana's Nursery collection. The heads are popped up with foam tape to add interest.

I used other patterns from the paper collection for the different panels on the cardfront. I mixed and matched a while before coming up with a combination that I liked. The panels are matted on coordinating solids to break them up a bit. I made a small cardstock flag panel for the sentiment. I stamped the set's "welcome baby" sentiment on it and added a pink button, tied with some pink Divine Twine, to finish the card.

Materials Used:
And Baby Makes stamp set, pink Divine Twine (The Cat's Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Nana's Nursery designer paper (DCWV); oval dies (Spellbinders); Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely DARLING! Paper Piecing is my absolute favorite technique (at the moment :) ) and this is perfect. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,

    Oeh, these hippos are wonderful!!! Love them and love the way you paper pieced them, very very pretty card!!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these baby cards are so great, referring to the purfect post above. I love the colors and papers. This one in particular I love how you added the 3D by popping the heads out! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable Baby card. Love the paper pieced Hippo and perfect baby colors!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips