Thursday, September 16, 2010

Purrr-fect

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used one of my favorite OCL sets, Jungle Love, for my cute card. I ended up flipping the sketch on its side, but still included all of the elements in my design.

The set’s lion image is stamped on the round panel. I used the out of the box technique with the circle die so that I could have the lion’s tail extend off of the panel a bit. The image is colored with Copic markers. I used my airbrush tool to add in a bright blue sky.

The panel behind the lion is cut with a Labels 8 die. I used some of the new Cosmo Cricket Togetherness line for the panel. A piece of ivory ribbon is knotted around the decorative edged panel. It’s layered on a yellow panel embossed with a polka dot patterned embossing folder. I stamped the “you’re purrrr-fect” sentiment on a scrap of white and accented it with a yellow brad before attaching it to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Jungle Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y00, Y11, Y13, Y17, Y18, Y35, YG07, YG09, YG21, YG25, R21, YR16, B21), Cosmo Cricket Togetherness mini deck, May Arts ivory ribbon, QuicKutz Polka Dots embossing folder, Spellbinders circle and Labels 8 dies, Creative Impressions pastel mini brad

other: Spring Moss, Harvest Gold, and New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

4 comments:

 
Blogging tips