Saturday, October 16, 2010

Birthday Rawr

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club. This week’s challenge is all about the boys. I was hoping my release night MFT order would be here so I could use one of the chipboard Super Boys for my card, but my order must be walking to Maryland from Florida—ten days later and I still haven’t received it . . .

So, I went with the super cute Loveasaurus instead. I paired the image with this week’s Color Throwdown challenge colors for a fun little boy birthday card. The image is colored with Copic markers and carefully cut out. I made a simple scene for the dino using a strip of grass and a sun cut with Die-Namics dies. To add a little interest, I embossed the background with a dotted pattern before assembling the scene. I stamped the sentiment on a pennant-shaped panel. I combined two of the sentiments here to get the birthday saying I wanted.

Materials Used:
Little Loveasaurus stamp set, sun and grass Die-Namics, green felt (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); baker’s twine (The Twinery); Harvest Gold button, Harvest Gold felt (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Adorable dino (and colored great to boot) and love all the textures. Thx for commenting on my blog!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE I NEED TO GET HIM OUT AND INK HIM UP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this Lori! SUPER cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGracious ......... I LOVE HIM!!! This is FANTASTIC!!! And now I am going to order some more MFT ...... I need an infusion of boy goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, Lori! Love the adorable image! Perfect with the CTD colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little dino is adorable. Such fun colors - a great card for a child.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips