Monday, October 11, 2010

Crinkled Gratitude

This week’s SCS clean and simple challenge was to be inspired by the word “crinkle.” Well, the first thing that actually came to my mind was a pet bunny we had that was named Crinkle, but I didn’t think that would make the cut for the challenge, so I went with the more traditional fall leaf idea for my card.

My crinkled element is the leaf image. I die cut the leaf shape from a small brown paper bag, then stamped it with matching images from Papertrey Ink’s Leaf Prints set. I also inked it with some Crumb Cake ink for a more weathered look. Once I was done stamping, I balled up the leaf, then flattened it back out again for a crinkled look. It’s attached to the rust panel with foam tape.

For the panel along the bottom of the cardfront, I stamped the narrow sentiment strip from the Gobble Gobble set repeatedly in rust ink on a kraft scrap. After the ink dried, I sponged on some coordinating ink to soften the look a little, then attached it to the cardfront. I wrapped a little brown and white baker’s twine around the card and added a button to finish it off.

Materials Used:
Leaf Prints and Gobble Gobble stamp sets, Terracotta Tile ink, Terracotta Tile and Vintage Cream cardstock, leaf die, Terracotta Tile button (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); Crumb Cake Classic ink, Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); baker’s twine (The Twinery); foam tape; brown paper bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips