Saturday, October 30, 2010

Peace Love Joy

It’s time for a new sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. Kim’s our hostess this week and she’s shared a simple sketch with lots of possibilities

I used the sketch to make a wintery holiday card using some images from Papertrey Ink. I started by arranging three of the snowflake images from Peace Be Still on my clear block. I stamped them repeatedly along the right half of the light blue card base in silver ink. To keep a clean edge along the middle of the card, I put a piece of scrap paper on the cardfront, leaving only the right side of the cardfront exposed.

I used ribbon strips for the three narrow panels that run down the length of the card. I purposely picked ribbons of varying widths and textures to add interest to the simple design. A small tag, stamped with one of the same snowflake images I used on the right side of the card and a sentiment from the Fillable Frames #8 set, is layered over the ribbons. I added a big rhinestone to the center of the flake and a small bow accent to the top of the tag to dress it up a bit.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk103010 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
Peace Be Still and Fillable Frames #8 stamp sets, Spring Rain and Enchanted Evening inks, Spring Rain twill, Enchanted Evening grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); silver ink (Encore); Bashful Blue and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle punches (EK Success); silver ribbon (Target); self-adhesive rhinestone (Studio 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips