Friday, October 29, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 175/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge theme is Halloween. I used an older Unity set, The “Boo” Crew, and this week’s Mojo Monday sketch for my card.

I colored the creature image with Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the designer paper panel I used along the right side of the card. Since the card was small, I purposely picked a paper with words on it so I wouldn’t have to add a sentiment and clutter up my cardfront.

For the other two panels, I used a scrap of orange ribbon with a notched edge and accented with a pair of brads and a scrap of black cardstock that punched with a large spider web border for a decorative look. This layout’s a great one for using up scraps!

For more Halloween themed projects, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, for more Unity inspiration, visit the list of Friends with Flair players on the Unity blog.

Materials Used:
The “Boo” Crew kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); spider web border punch (Martha Stewart); silver brads (Making Memories); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

28 comments:

  1. definitely a great layout for using up scraps, love the little boo character too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style -- always clean and simple. Cute card with a fun image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card, Lori. Love your little green guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness this is spooky cute! Love the little green Frankenstein image and the spider punch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredibly adorable critter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAAAAAUTE!! Love this card. I have always wanted this set!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too CUTE Lori! What a fun Frankie image! I love the spider webs too! Happy Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling- the idea of adding DSP with writing is great- love the punched edge- and the cute image! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the spider webs, and the cute green guy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little Frankinstien image. A great little card for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you colored this fabulous image! I plan on using this set for my halloween LO! The border is just fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card. That web border is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally have to laugh...I used the same sketch...and I was about to make a different comment when I scrolled down just a little further - and saw that your next card down is using the sketch that I'm using for the card that I'll be posting Monday for the {ippity} hop!! For some reason that just cracks me up. Maybe it's just past my bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cute guy is really fun. I love the bright green here. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda your card has a character not to be messed with...he is so cute...I love the embellishments and especially the MME BGDP...
    wow job on this challenge.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Frankie is adorable and I LOVE that web border! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just way too cute! Love that cute little montser...and the perfect touch is the spider web border.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really cute card love punched edge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very, very cute! Sorry to be so late in taking a look--sure glad I did.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips